Sunday, June 20, 2010

Really pink flamingo

Evie likes going to the zoo in Colorado Springs so we thought it would be nice to show her the L.A. zoo. It's been a while since I've been there, too. It seemed like a good opportunity to see how the digital and big lenses would work and to get good shots for me while getting nice reference material for Tina's art.

For some reason I've always liked flamingos. Not enough to put plastic ones in my yard, like Tina's sister Lin, but I do find them fascinating creatures. There is a large flock at the L.A. Zoo and in an obstruction-free zone within good range of the camera. This is one of my favorites. I will show more later, plus some really cool zebra shots.

This one is especially pink. I suspect it had something to do with the garish pink liquidy concoction they were feeding the birds. Probably like salmon they need some mineral or nutrient to turn them the "right" color. Ah, we are what we eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment