Monday, July 20, 2009

Anniversaries - Part 1

The Northrop Grumman B-2A Spirit celebrated the 20th anniversary of its first flight last Friday. I missed seeing that milestone by one day. It was originally scheduled to fly July 16th, and several friends and I were lined along the perimeter road in anticipation of a spectacular sight. But a couple of last minute problems scrubbed the flight. Of course, the unauthorized landing by a Cessna light aircraft on the Palmdale / Air Force Plant 42 complex runway did not help matters any. Regardless, the first flight was postponed and took place on the 17th. Unfortunately I was not there.

This shot was taken at the 2006 Edwards AFB open house. In contrast to the early years, the aircraft was displayed outdoors for all to see in the sunlight.

1 comment:

  1. I used to hear rumors that the stealth planes would confound auto focus on a camera. I always laughed at the prospect, but now I have been places that did confound Canon auto focus on a new 40D.

    ReplyDelete